A HOME THAT LASTS GENERATIONS
Adaptable living homes are a new concept which follows the Livable Housing Australia guidelines. Essentially, these homes are designed to be easier to access, navigate through and live in, making it ideal for families in all stages.
The key adavatage of building an Adaptable living home lies on its design. During the building process, ceartain features are taken into consideration to allow a more cost effective way to adapt to changes in the abilities of its occupants such as ageing, disablitity, injuries etc. For instance, an Adaptable living home has Reiforced walls around showers to allow for the extra load of installing grabrails at a later date.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT THAN A NORMAL HOME?
There are a few important things that differentiate a adaptable living home to standard one. They are as follows:
1. Step Free Path & Level – Every adaptable living home must have a safe continuous and step fee path of travel from the street entrance and/or parking area to dwelling entrance that is level and at least one, level (step-free) entrance into the dwelling
2. Unimpeded spaces – Internal doors and corridors that facilitate comfortable and unimpeded movement between spaces.
3. Bathroom/Toilet – All adaptable living homes must have a toilet on the ground (or entry) level that provides easy access. They also must have a bathroom that contains a hobless shower recess.
4. Reinforced Walls – Around the toilet, shower and bath to support the safe installation of grabrails at a later date.
5. Stairways – All stairways in Adaptable Living homes are designed to reduce the likelihood of injury and enable future adaption
WHY CHOOSE US?
Avenue Constructions has served the Albury community for over 20 years and has an excellent track record of providing handyman services for satisfied customers. You can rely on us to:
- Arrive at your property on time
- Clean up afterwards and leave the site tidy
- Provide workmanship of the highest standards.
To chat with a team member about adaptable living homes, call Avenue Constructions on 0417 869 457.